At a time when knowledge in the curriculum is taking centre-stage and many schools are reconsidering the structure and content of their curriculums in all subjects, it is time to let high-quality, non-fiction writing shine. Ruth will present a packed day which will allow delegates to consider how children’s knowledge and skills can be supported across the curriculum through reading and exploring high-quality non-fiction texts.
During this day we will examine:
- The nature of non-fiction texts both classic and contemporary
- How non-fiction has evolved over the years
- How to select high quality non-fiction texts
- The place of non-fiction in the English curriculum
- Using non-fiction to aid writing across the curriculum
- Teaching strategies and approaches that work well with non-fiction texts
This day is suitable for teachers, and leaders and in particular, those involved in curriculum development and setting the direction of English in their setting.