About this Event
Help every child become a reader
The event will include:
- An update on the DfE’s latest expectations and guidance for teaching phonics
- An opportunity to see and discuss best practice in the teaching of phonics and early reading
- Sessions focusing on fluency, prosody, regular assessment, creating a reading rich culture, with research based evidence woven throughout
- Practical activities and ideas to take away
- An opportunity to develop an action plan for use at your school
Supply cover will be funded for all delegates. In addition there will be an opportunity to apply for funding to purchase resources for supporting the teaching of phonics and early reading. (£3,000, matched funding or £6,000, unmatched in some cases).
The English Hub will provide you with funding for the supply cover costs upto a maximum of £160 per person to allow two members of your staff to attend, one of whom must be the Headteacher. We are anticipating a high level of interest, so please secure your place at a Showcase event via Eventbrite ASAP.
When registering, please use your school email address and contact details!