English Hub Lead
Little Sutton Primary School is one of 34 schools across the country selected by the DfE to be an English Hub aimed at achieving excellence in literacy. The English Hubs provide high quality insight and advice to enable schools to develop their own excellent practice in teaching reading through systematic synthetic phonics and early language, and encouraging a love of reading among pupils.
We are seeking to appoint an English Hub Lead to join the team working under the direction of the Hub Strategic Lead.
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner/ Leader who has a keen interest in Literacy and English to lead the Hub to achieve the very best outcomes for children. They need to be highly organised, have experience in analysing data and budget management.
The role will involve:
- providing leadership and management support for the English Hub, ensuring delivery and implementation of the Hub Objectives;
- completing the annual Hub Delivery Plan and liaising with the DfE on progress and delivery;
- overseeing budget management;
- coordinating the work of the English Specialists and overseeing the impact of the school to school support;
- establishing and maintaining links with a number of schools whilst supporting them to develop the teaching and learning of phonics; early reading and a love of reading, working with the Hub Strategic Lead;
- maintaining communications with colleagues from other English Hubs to support other schools and develop Little Sutton English Hub effectively;
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 25th February 2020
Little Sutton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or handed to: Rachel Davis, English Hub Strategic Lead, Little Sutton Primary School, Worcester Lane, Sutton Coldfield, B75 5NL