Event: 5th October 2021
The Little Sutton English Hub host free Showcase events to demonstrate effective SSP and early reading teaching. There are two places available per school, one, compulsory for the Headteacher and the other the Reading/Phonics Leader.
Funding will be paid to schools who meet the target school criteria to cover release/travel costs and the writing of a self-assessment. This will only be reimbursed upon receipt of a completed school’s self-assessment following the event, and the compulsory attendance to the Showcase by the Headteacher.
Delegates will see the teaching of early language and reading, including phonics, in the EYFS and Key Stage 1. You will observe:
- How the ‘Challenge Checklist’ are embedded throughout the school
- Best SSP and early reading practice in action
- How schools ensure that a love of reading is nurtured and developed.
Time will be taken to:
- Reflect on your own school’s reading journey
- Develop an action plan
- Look at next steps in potentially accessing English Hub funding for resources, training and more in-depth support.
Two of the following criteria must be met:
▪ Lower than average percentage of pupils meeting the expected standard in the Phonics Screening Check (2019 PSC expected standard is 82%)
▪ A higher than average proportion of pupils reading below age-related expectations
▪ A higher than average proportion of children eligible for pupil premium (2018/19 the pupil premium national average is 22.9%)
▪ Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate
▪ a high proportion of groups considered hard to reach, such as EAL, FSM, travellers, etc.
▪ schools referred by local partners (e.g. NLEs, RSCs, LAs, Opportunity Area
To book your place click here