All schools are welcome to attend a Showcase but to be eligible for funding for staff cover costs your school must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- lower than average percentage of pupils meeting the expected standard in the Phonics Screening Check (2019 PSC expected standard is 82%)
- a higher than average proportion of pupils reading below age-related expectations
- a higher than average proportion of children eligible for pupil premium (2018/19 the pupil premium national average is 22.9%)
- Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate
- a high proportion of groups considered hard to reach, such as EAL, FSM, travellers, etc.
- schools referred by local partners (e.g. NLEs, RSCs, LAs, Opportunity Area teams).
In addition, the Headteacher and the school's Phonics Lead must attend the Showcase.
If you would like to attend a Showcase please register here.